5.16.2008

Rays-Cards: The Battle for the Good Face's Soul


If you've heard me speak or read my posts, you know that I have an affinity for the St. Louis Cardinals. Likewise, I am developing quite the crush on the Tampa Bay Rays. Through the magic that is interleague play, these two teams begin a three-game series tonight at Busch Stadium.

Ordinarily, a mid-May series wouldn't seem like such a big deal. But this isn't just any mid-May series. I'm putting the belt on the line: Whoever wins this best-of-three tilt gets my full and undevoted fandom for the rest of the season. If the Rays win, I'll lose half my wardrobe because I won't be able to wear my Cardinals-related apparel. If the Cardinals win, my Carlos Pena tattoo will just have to wait.

What does Esteban have to do with any of this? I don't know. When I googled "Cardinals Devil Rays," his picture came up.

No comments: