8.15.2008

Need Financial Advice? We Got Your Back

Over the past couple weeks, I've accumulated some post ideas, and just haven't had a chance to put them up. Coincidentally they are all financially-related, so I'm just lumping them into one big post.

The first one is from a couple weeks ago and is quick and simple. Did John Hadley write that headline?



The second thing is something I only heard about a month or so ago, but evidently Lenny Dykstra is a big time investment expert. You can even get Lenny's stock tips at thestreet.com (too bad you have to pay for them...something tells me you're not going to do that).

But really? Lenny Dykstra is one of the trusted voices in the stock market game? Okay, I'll play along. I mean, look at that cool picture of him! He's on two effing phones at the same time! He must be fo' real!

So how much is it to subscribe to "Nails on the Numbers"?

If you subscribe, you pay the special price of $899.95 the first year of your annual subscription — a savings of $100 off the regular annual subscription price of $999.95 — unless you call to cancel within the first 30 days of your subscription. Unless you call to cancel before the end of that first year, your subscription will automatically renew at the then-current subscription price.

Hmm, I'll get back to you on that one.

And last but not least - Dan Walters.

Some of you may know who Dan Walters is. He is a Washington DC reporter, who goes on infomercials, reports on the mortgage crisis, and tells you what you need to do to get through it. It's funny, because he kinda sorta looks like Dan McLaughlin, Cardinals broadcaster and shiller for countless tv spots on the STL airwaves (Autotire, Hotshots, Helitech, one of the banks, etc...I'm sure I missed a few).

Thanks to our mangs at CardinalsDiaspora.com for this pic:



In fact, you ought to read CD's entire summary of the video. It was actually posted back in October '07, while we were on our hiatus (one of the many, many things I wish I would have written about during that time).

Over the past few weeks, I found out that some of you had never seen the video, so I figured I might as well pass it on. Unfortunately lendamerica.com has changed the video within that span (two weeks? if that?) - what a bunch of bastards!

Athooks did a fine job on this one, but I'll add my two cents: What a whore. Are the Cardinals paying that badly? I doubt it. Did Danny Mac owe a favor to this company (based out of NY, and the ads ran on the east coast)? Not many people bother to interview McLaughlin, so we'll probably never know. I'm not sure there is a reasonable explanation anyway.

The bright side is that in Dan Walters' place, Lend America used this guy:



He looks like one of the heartthrobs that could be a future Mr. Mad Librarian. No, he doesn't look shady at all.

1 comment:

Hack said...

Is that KD Lang in the new video?