10.24.2008

What's next: a black president?

It’s official (mostly … I won’t believe it until I hold it in my hands): Guns n’ Roses' Chinese Democracy will be released next month. I did some research (i.e., consulted Wikipedia) and learned that work on the sure-to-suck album began way back in 1994.

It was a different world back then. There was no easily accessible Internet (I don’t know if Al Gore had invented it for science nerds yet), cheese-in-crust pizza was still a ways away, and the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays weren't even a gleam in Bud Selig's eye.

Think about that for a second. The (Devil) Rays and Diamondbacks were “born” on March 9, 1995. Both brand-new franchises reached the World Series before Axl Rose could bring himself to dump 12 crappy tracks on a public that had pretty much forgotten about him by 1996.

I'm all about procrastination, but that's ricockulous.

1 comment:

Mad Librarian said...

There's free Dr Pepper if "Chinese Democracy" drops and free Taco Bell thanks to Jason Bartlett. In these troubled financial times, there's nothing ricockulous about that.